Saturday, July 24, 2010

new discoveries! [collection 1]

I will not have any pictures of swatches, or take any pictures of myself with some of these cosmetics products I had purchased not too long ago. Why? Well, I'm too lazy. Most likely no one else is reading this besides Joan. I just like posting up products that really works for me. After all, I am a make up, skin care, clothes, and food junkie!!




Rock & Republic Pressed Blush in Kinky
The color of this pressed powder blush is kind of BRIGHT, huh?! Well, it is! However, it give such a nice cool color pinkish tone for my cool skin tone. I like how it is pigmented, and one/two sweep with my flat top/blush brush I can see the color show up instantly! I got this on Hautelook!! A discounted online shopping site. I got mine for a tad over $27, that's with tax+shipping already. Regular price would cost about $40. Not sure when will there be another R&R sale!


Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner w/ Sharpener in Onyx
As of right now, THIS IS MY FAVORITE! I have oily lids, so any pencil liner or eyeshadow would crease... unless I use my Too Faced Shadow Insurance every time I use ONLY an eyeliner to draw my eyes (that's such a waste for my eye primer!). This is my absolute favorite so far, because it does stay on my lids when I only dab a tiny amount of concealer on my lids. It doesn't crease as fast as my other eye liner I've used before. It goes on smoothly, and that's good because I can smudge it when I want a more soft smokey eyes. I love smokey eyes! This is not the blackest black colored eyeliner. It is somewhat like a soft black. When I draw my eyes, and smudge it a bit for a softer black (near dark gray), it will somehow make my brown eyes look lighter! More like it will define the colors of my eyes. I was sad when I thought I was allergic to the eyeliner, but I figured it was a certain mascara I was using that irritated my eyes. Thank goodnessss!!!!


Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler
Probably, my current favorite because all of my other eye lash curlers sucked. However, sometimes it still pinches my skin when I curl my eyelashes. Most of the time it'll pinch my left inner corner eye (would be my right eye, if anyone was looking directly at me), and tears start forming because it hurts+tickles at the same time. BUT my eyelash does stay once it is curl! However, I might try Koji Eye Lash Curler sometime soon because I've read good reviews about it. The Koji curler curve is much wider; specifically for Asian eyes. I have normal size eyes, but it is hard for curlers (even Shu's) to get my outer corners eyelashes. Bummer!


Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara
Totally replaced my favorite CoverGirl Waterproof Lash Blast! The brush isn't as big as last blast, which is good. No more rubbery, and short bristles brush! The result of it is quite similar like lash blast with big fat lashes. The lengths of my lashes are pretty acceptable, so I tend to look for mascara that will provides me the big fatty volume! This one does the job, after the first coat! However, I am a hugeeee mascara junkie, so I have a tendency to put on a second and/or probably a third coat! Another good thing about colossal is that it does leave my sparse lashes much more moist (not crunchy or hard) compare to CoverGirl's. Also, no need to be afraid of smudges, clumps (maybe after second coat it'll clumps!), and flakes!


Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Palette @ any Target stores!
I don't usually use concealer, but if I do I will only use this one. For $10 I get to have three different colors concealer and one translucent powder. The ONLY colors I use are the Salmon/Pinkish-Peach tone (top right), and sometimes the Moss green tone (bottom left) concealers. Salmon color help with under eye circles, and it'll tame the bruise color that most people have under their eyes. While the green will certainly diminished any red spots, or broken capillaries! Mixed those two color, and you can vanish majority of any red + bluish tone zit/blemish! TRUST!!!


Sephora Collection - Body Super Supreme Body Butter
Love the not too overpowering scent, and the consistency of this body butter. I love how my skin is super moist and smooth after putting this on! After I'm done with the one I have (which is a smaller container), I'll go back and purchase the hugeeee tub of body butter that cost $25! Worth the price because the tub is massive!


Cortizone 10 Creme with Aloe
I have allergies, and I get a lot of bug bites. I've tried using three different types of cortizone creme and gel formula. Guess what? Nothing works! None of it works! Until my sister brought this one, and I snatched it from her. I needed it, especially I always have itchy and red bumpy skin during the spring and summer time. This one probably works the best. Usually when I leave my skin alone, or try using the other cortizone my skin will be darken as if there are scars. However, the current one I am using reduce the redness a whole lot more, and I think it replenished my skin too!


Ovation Cell Therapy
Hair Growth. Period. So far so good. I'm going to use it for a month to see more results. I can deal with coconut scent, and it does leave my hair feeling a tad healthier. Yeah, I usually use my touch to feel my hair. xD


There will definitely be more 'new discoveries' entries in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment